- International Monetary Fund
- Published Date:
- June 1997
The Economic Issues Series
- Growth in East Asia: What We Can and What We Cannot Infer. Michael Sarel. 1996.
- Does the Exchange Rate Regime Matter for Inflation and Growth? Atish R. Ghosh, Anne-Marie Guide, Jonathan D. Ostry, and Holger Wolf. 1996.
- Confronting Budget Deficits. 1996.
- Fiscal Reforms That Work. C. John McDermott and Robert F. Wescott. 1996.
- Transformations to Open Market Operations: Developing Economies and Emerging Markets. Stephen H. Axilrod. 1996.
- Why Worry About Corruption? Paolo Mauro. 1997.
- Sterilizing Capital Inflows. Jang-Yung Lee. 1997.
- Why Is China Growing So Fast? Zuliu Hu and Mohsin S. Khan. 1997.
Zuliu Hu received his Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University. He was an economist in the Research Department of the IMF when he wrote the article on which this pamphlet is based. Mr. Hu is now Co-Director of the National Center for Economic Research in Beijing.
Mohsin S. Khan is Director of the IMF Institute. He is a graduate of Columbia University in New York and the London School of Economics.