- International Monetary Fund
- Published Date:
- January 1979
INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND
Reprinted August 1984
International Standard Serial Number: ISSN 0538-8759
Polak, J. J.
Thoughts on an International Monetary Fund based fully on the SDR / J.J. Polak.—Washington: International Monetary Fund, 1979.
(Pamphlet series —International Monetary Fund; no. 28)
“Appendix: The balance sheet of an SDR-based Fund”: p. 23.
1. International Monetary Fund. 2. Special Drawing Rights. I. Title. II. Series: International Monetary Fund. Pamphlet series; no. 28.
- Prefatory Note
- General Department and Special Drawing Rights Department
- Credit Transactions by the Fund in SDRs
- Liquidity Aspects
- Effects on Other Provisions
- (a) No Need for Separate Departments
- (b) No Holdings of SDRs by Fund
- (c) Aspects of Fund Income
- (d) A Single System to Reduce a Member’s Use of Fund Credit
- (e) A Single System to Guide Increases and Decreases in Members’ Positions in the Fund
- (f) Holdings of Currencies
- (g) The Appointment of an Executive Director by the Largest Creditors
- Appendix. The Balance Sheet of an SDR-Based Fund
The opinions expressed in this pamphlet are those of the author, who is the Economic Counsellor and Director of the Research Department of the International Monetary Fund, and not necessarily those of the Fund.
The author acknowledges the valuable contributions made in the preparation of this pamphlet by Messrs. D. Cutler, R. Familton, J. Gold, G. Nicoletopoulos, S. Silard, and J. Smith.