- International Monetary Fund
- Published Date:
- April 2006
Show Summary Details
The Economic Issues Series
- Growth in East Asia: What We Can and What We Cannot Infer. Michael Sarel. 1996.
- Does the Exchange Rate Regime Matter for Inflation and Growth? Atish R. Ghosh, Anne-Marie Gulde, Jonathan D. Ostry, and Holger Wolf. 1996.
- Confronting Budget Deficits. 1996.
- Fiscal Reforms That Work. C. John McDermott and Robert F. Wescott. 1996.
- Transformations to Open Market Operations: Developing Economies and Emerging Markets. Stephen H. Axilrod. 1996.
- Why Worry About Corruption? Paolo Mauro. 1997.
- Sterilizing Capital Inflows. Jang-Yung Lee. 1997.
- Why Is China Growing So Fast? Zuliu Hu and Mohsin S. Khan. 1997.
- Protecting Bank Deposits. Gillian G. Garcia. 1997.
- Deindustrialization—Its Causes and Implications. Robert Rowthorn and Ramana Ramaswamy. 1997.
- Does Globalization Lower Wages and Export Jobs? Matthew J. Slaughter and Phillip Swagel. 1997.
- Roads to Nowhere: How Corruption in Public Investment Hurts Growth. Vito Tanzi and Hamid Davoodi. 1998.
- Fixed or Flexible? Getting the Exchange Rate Right in the 1990s. Francesco Caramazza and Jahangir Aziz. 1998.
- Lessons from Systemic Bank Restructuring. Claudia Dziobek and Ceyla Pazarbaşioǧlu. 1998.
- Inflation Targeting as a Framework for Monetary Policy. Guy Debelle, Paul Masson, Miguel Savastano, and Sunil Sharma. 1998.
- Should Equity Be a Goal of Economic Policy? IMF Fiscal Affairs Department. 1998.
- Liberalizing Capital Movements: Some Analytical Issues. Barry Eichengreen, Michael Mussa, Giovanni Dell’Ariccia, Enrica Detragiache, Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, and Andrew Tweedie. 1999.
- Privatization in Transition Countries: Lessons of the First Decade. Oleh Havrylyshyn and Donal McGettigan. 1999.
- Hedge Funds: What Do We Really Know? Barry Eichengreen and Donald Mathieson. 1999.
- Job Creation: Why Some Countries Do Better. Pietro Garibaldi and Paolo Mauro. 2000.
- Improving Governance and Fighting Corruption in the Baltic and CIS Countries: The Role of the IMF. Thomas Wolf and Emine Gürgen. 2000.
- The Challenge of Predicting Economic Crises. Andrew Berg and Catherine Pattillo. 2000.
- Promoting Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Learning What Works. Anupam Basu, Evangelos A. Calamitsis, and Dhaneshwar Ghura. 2000.
- Full Dollarization: The Pros and Cons. Andrew Berg and Eduardo Borensztein. 2000.
- Controlling Pollution Using Taxes and Tradable Permits. John Norregaard and Valérie Reppelin-Hill. 2000.
- Rural Poverty in Developing Countries: Implications for Public Policy. Mahmood Hasan Khan. 2001.
- Tax Policy for Developing Countries. Vito Tanzi and Howell Zee. 2001.
- Moral Hazard: Does IMF Financing Encourage Imprudence by Borrowers and Lenders? Timothy Lane and Steven Phillips. 2002.
- The Pension Puzzle: Prerequisites and Policy Choices in Pension Design. Nicholas Barr. 2002
- Hiding in the Shadows: The Growth of the Underground Economy. Friedrich Schneider with Dominik Enste. 2002.
- Corporate Sector Restructuring: The Role of Government in Times of Crisis. Mark R. Stone. 2002.
- Should Financial Sector Regulators Be Independent? Marc Quintyn and Michael W. Taylor. 2004.
- Educating Children in Poor Countries. Arye L. Hillman and Eva Jenkner. 2004.
- Can Debt Relief Boost Growth in Poor Countries? Benedict Clements, Rina Bhattacharya, and Toan Quoc Nguyen. 2005.
- Financial Reform: What Shakes It? What Shapes It? Abdul Abiad and Ashoka Mody. 2005.
- Preserving Financial Stability. Garry J. Schinasi. 2005.
- Integrating Poor Countries into the World Trading System. 2006.
- Moving to a Flexible Exchange Rate: How, When, and How Fast? Rupa Duttagupta, Gilda Fernandez, and Cem Karacadag. 2005.
- Accountability Arrangements for Financial Sector Regulators. Eva Hüpkes, Marc Quintyn, and Michael W. Taylor. 2006.
You are not logged in and do not have access to this content. Please login or, to subscribe to IMF eLibrary, please click here