- Howell Zee, and Vito Tanzi
- Published Date:
- January 2001
The Economic Issues Series
- Growth in East Asia: What We Can and What We Cannot Infer. Michael Sarel. 1996.
- Does the Exchange Rate Regime Matter for Inflation and Growth? Atish R. Ghosh, Anne-Marie Guide, Jonathan D. Ostry, and Holger Wolf. 1996.
- Confronting Budget Deficits. 1996.
- Fiscal Reforms That Work. C. John McDermott and Robert F. Wescott. 1996.
- Transformations to Open Market Operations: Developing Economies and Emerging Markets. Stephen H. Axilrod. 1996.
- Why Worry About Corruption? Paolo Mauro. 1997.
- Sterilizing Capital Inflows. Jang-Yung Lee. 1997.
- Why Is China Growing So Fast? Zuliu Hu and Mohsin S. Khan. 1997.
- Protecting Bank Deposits. Gillian G. Garcia. 1997.
- Deindustrialization—Its Causes and Implications. Robert Rowthorn and Ramana Ramaswamy. 1997.
- Does Globalization Lower Wages and Export Jobs? Matthew J. Slaughter and Phillip Swagel. 1997.
- Roads to Nowhere: How Corruption in Public Investment Hurts Growth. Vito Tanzi and Hamid Davoodi. 1998.
- Fixed or Flexible? Getting the Exchange Rate Right in the 1990s. Francesco Caramazza and Jahangir Aziz. 1998.
- Lessons from Systemic Bank Restructuring. Claudia Dziobek and Ceyla Pazarbaşioğlu. 1998.
- Inflation Targeting as a Framework for Monetary Policy. Guy Debelle, Paul Masson, Miguel Savastano, and Sunil Sharma. 1998.
- Should Equity Be a Goal of Economic Policy? IMF Fiscal Affairs Department. 1998.
- Liberalizing Capital Movements: Some Analytical Issues. Barry Eichengreen, Michael Mussa, Giovanni Dell’Ariccia, Enrica Detragiache, Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, and Andrew Tweedie. 1999.
- Privatization in Transition Countries: Lessons of the First Decade. Oleh Havrylyshyn and Donal McGettigan. 1999.
- Hedge Funds: What Do We Really Know? Barry Eichengreen and Donald Mathieson. 1999.
- Job Creation: Why Some Countries Do Better. Pietro Garibaldi and Paolo Mauro. 2000.
- Improving Governance and Fighting Corruption in the Baltic and CIS Countries: The Role of the IMF. Thomas Wolf and Emine Gürgen. 2000.
- The Challenge of Predicting Economic Crises. Andrew Berg and Catherine Pattillo. 2000.
- Promoting Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Learning What Works. Anupam Basu, Evangelos A. Calamitsis, and Dhaneshwar Ghura. 2000.
- Full Dollarization: The Pros and Cons. Andrew Berg and Eduardo Borensztein. 2000.
- Controlling Pollution Using Taxes and Tradable Permits. John Norregaard and Valérie Reppelin-Hill. 2000.
- Rural Poverty in Developing Countries: Implications for Public Policy. Mahmood Hasan Khan. 2001.
- Tax Policy for Developing Countries. Vito Tanzi and Howell Zee. 2001.
Vito Tanzi was the Director of the Fiscal Affairs Department of the IMF from 1981 to 2000. He retired from the IMF on December 1, 2000. He holds a Ph.D. from Harvard University and is the author of many books and articles in professional journals.
Howell Zee is the Chief of the Tax Policy Division in the IMF’s Fiscal Affairs Department. He holds a Ph.D. from the University of Maryland (College Park) and is the author of many articles in professional journals.